Software Research Analyst
Our client is a research and advisory company helping clients in the technology, Financial Service and Information industries. The company helps its clients optimize performance and grow revenues by delivering timely, innovative solutions in analytics, market intelligence, information management, and custom services. They build relationships with hands-on, personalized service by keeping a timely and open dialog throughout every engagement and by delivering on its promises.
The Software Research Analyst will be responsible for qualitative and quantitative analysis of the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) industry with an emphasis on software, infrastructure software, the cloud, cloud building blocks, virtualization, security, ITSM, IT service management, and related areas. This position will involve working closely with our industry-leading analytical teams. The Software Research Analyst will contribute to the development of syndicated reports, in addition to assisting in primary and secondary research for custom projects. The Software Research Analyst will also gain press exposure through means of social media and commentaries. Maintaining a constant influence in the ICT market — creating a presence as a thought leader — is key to building working relationships with our clients and will make the difference in the Analyst’s success over time.
What It Takes
The selected candidate will have:
- 3 – 10+ years relevant work experience
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills with an appetite to improve them continuously
- Quick and accurate discernment and analysis of the critical elements of large sets of information
- Clear, relatable communication skills to convey this analysis to clients (particularly executives) in multiple written and verbal formats and venues: to make the numbers come alive in reports, posts, releases, presentations, spreadsheets, etc.
- The ability to understand business implications with a grasp of market economics/dynamics to deliver predictions and analyses
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in social media as business tools
This is what really matters to us in a candidate
- An ethos of teamwork, including the ability to learn from those around you as well as the ability to share experiences
- A high set point for quality
- Persistence, grit, hunger for challenge, and a desire to surpass goals
This is an extraordinary opportunity to join a highly talented firm with a global reputation for excellence. With a flexible approach, the company believes that its success depends upon both the human and professional qualities of its employees. Setting high expectations for the individuals it attracts, the company is committed to offering them a professional and rewarding environment. This is an ideal company for people who are looking to take their careers in a challenging and rewarding direction. Salary based on experience.